Italian beef sandwiches with baked potatoes and corn was what was on the menu tonight. We ate Arby's for dinner. Here's the reason why.
I put the roast in the crock pot and seasoned it up the way I normally do, put the lid on top and put it on low and walked away. It looked fine throughout the day and smelled really good. I ended up leaving to run to my mom's and gma's houses so I got home a little later than I had planned. Therefore, no baked potato and corn was no longer sounding good. I figured I would throw some baked beans on the stove and we could have Italian beef sandwiches, baked beans and some chips. This time I thought to myself, "I'm going to leave the beans on longer so they aren't so runny." I left them on too long and they were basically a pile of mush. The same kind of mush the school cafeteria ladies serve up on your tray. Yuck. Then we pulled the roast out to cut it in slices and I could tell it did not look good. It looked like it didn't cook well. We still dished up our food and headed outside to sit on the deck since it was nice out. We took a few bites of the beans and sandwiches and we both opted to throw it in the trash and head to Arby's. The meat was rubbery and chewy and the beans were mushy with no flavor.
Hopefully tomorrow's dinner will taste better. I'm either thinking grilled chicken and cheese quesadillas or this new recipe I found for honey spice chicken.
Well I'm tired and off to bed soon. Gnight everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment