She was going to go over our home study from our other agency this week and see what things she needs to add since we are switching from adoption to foster care. We also got signed up for our CPR class at the end of the month. It will be good to have that done.
There were a few questions I asked her while she was here. Ones that Aaron and I kept forgetting to ask the other 2x we met with her.
1.) When you call with a possible placement and I get the information from you and then say let me talk with Aaron and I'll call you back, do you immediately move on to another family?
- No, we do give you guys time to talk about it and call us back. Before we call on a placement we usually have a few families in mind already. That way if you were to say no we know who we will move onto next.
- Our worker currently has 3 (including us) waiting for a placement. She did say that they have never had a foster family wait for a year or more to get a placement. She did say though that they have had some families wait 6 or 7 months. *thinking to myself* (bummer-hopefully we don't have to wait that long)
- No, there is always someone from Family Core on call. Us 3 licensing workers rotate. If it is not our worker that is on call that doesn't mean we won't get called. She said they all 3 try to keep up to date on the families when the need for a placement arises.
I think that was about it. We're still waiting on our "official" license to come in the mail, so maybe one day this week it will!
No comments:
Post a Comment