Remember this post on making bags for children in foster care? I made a couple more recently so I figured I would post a picture of what they look like. The lady I give them to said they use them and its way better than throwing their stuff in a garbage bag. Sometimes I think how neat it would be if when we ended up with a child they came with one of the bags I made, or even one someone else made. It would make me feel so much better knowing their stuff wasn't just tossed in a trash bag.
If any of you out there ever feel like making any it only takes a yard of fabric. I could get them to the agency for you and I know the little kids would love them! These kids don't have much to call their own!
I'm hoping I can maybe get one or two more made this week!
It's a good way for you to become more comfortable with your sewing machine too! Have you ever thought of looking at garage sales/thrift stores for fabric? I would like to do that but I don't know how common it would be to find some. I know I see blogs all the time where people are using "thrifted" fabric. Maybe next time JoAnn's is having a really good sale we could go together and pool our coupons! :)
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a good idea! Do you know when they have really good sales? Do they post it in their ad?
ReplyDelete