Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sometimes This Wait Seems Harder


I've been so praying and wishing that we would get another call regarding a placement soon. But, so far nothing. It seems so odd that we got a call from our worker two times in one week back in February and not once since then. Its been about 3 months since she called on those children. She says things have seemed to be a little slower. I try to keep in perspective the rotation system that the agencies go on. I believe once a child comes into care an agency will take that child and then the next agency gets the next child. I'm not sure exactly where Family Core falls in that rotation. So, if a baby or younger child came into care and went to a different agency and then the next child was 8 or 10 and went to Family Core we wouldn't get that call. This same thing could keep happening over and over again, which could also be part of the reason for not many calls. They say things start to pick up once school gets out, so we shall see. I talked with one of the ladies at our trauma training and she said they got licensed in April (a year or 2 ago) and didn't get a call until December of that same year. They ended up waiting about 8 months.

Its frustrating because during the PRIDE classes the instructors talk about how there is such a great need for foster parents but it still seems like people wait quite a while. Weird that the agency we were with before of course had slowed down as soon as we got approved and now this is slower too. Last year around spring time they had about 14 moms pregnant that were due soon that they needed to find homes for those babies. I'm sure some of the babies would have been returned home eventually. If the parents received the help they needed and completed what they needed to in order to get them back but maybe not all of the babies would have gone home.

I was telling Aaron today that sometimes I feel like this wait is harder than our adoption wait. With adoption you know it could be quite a while before you are matched. However, with foster care, knowing that kids come into care all the time you expect it to be much quicker. Especially since she called us just a few days after our first home visit, we can't believe we haven't heard anything since.

I think, is it a good thing that things are slower? That could mean less problems in the homes these children are in or it could mean the problems and troubles just haven't been realized yet.



We've been studying the book of James in church the past few weeks and I'm really enjoying it. We've been learning about trials, the nature of trials, how trials are different for those of us who are in Christ, what our attitude is to be in trials.

As far as the nature of trials we learned that they are inevitable. Verse 2 of James 1 says WHEN you encounter various trials not IF. Trials are also said in verse 3 to be various. We of course go through lots of different types on trials. Trials for those of us in Christ are a spiritual matter so we need to look at them from a spiritual perspective. They are directed by God's hand. As far as our attitude in verse 2 of James 1 again it says to consider it all JOY.

I love verses 3-4 in James 1, knowing that the testing of your faith, produces endurance, and let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Trials of course test our faith and are an indication of His faithfulness to us. When we first experienced infertility and it was one disappointing doctor appointment after another I had a very hard time being thankful for this trial.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 In EVERYTHING give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Throughout this trial God is teaching and has taught me so much. He has exposed my weaknesses; ungrateful, selfish, wanting my will over His, not content, little faith in His word, and of course more.

Through God's grace I am thankful for this trial. First of all, because I've grown closer to God, and look at my relationship with Him as more precious than before, and how it opened our eyes to adoption and foster care, and much more!


Here are some of my favorite verses we've looked at these past weeks at church.

Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!

1 Peter 1:6-7 In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

Romans 5:3-4 And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope;


I'll leave you with a picture of a Coca-Cola puzzle. I believe I posted before that I collect Coca-Cola. I had a puzzle downstairs that I hadn't done yet so last night I decided I would start it. Aaron and I finished it up tonight. I have two others that we've done that are framed and hanging up downstairs. I plan to get this one framed as well!


Thanks for reading!!



1 comment: