Ever since we received our first call regarding a possible placement I feel like I can't do anything without my phone right next to me. Usually I have it with me anyways but sometimes when I'm running a quick errand or when Aaron is with me I leave my phone behind. I figure if my family or someone needs to get a hold of me and can't they will just call Aaron's phone. The first time she called it was around 9 a.m. and the second time it was in the middle of the afternoon. I feel like she could call at any time which makes me take my phone with me everywhere. For some reason I have never thought to ask our licensing worker if she calls Aaron if she can't get a hold of me. My concern is that they won't. So, if they call me and I don't answer I'm afraid they will move onto the next family. Next time I talk to her I think I will ask that!
I don't really have much of an update regarding foster care. We haven't received any more calls which is a bummer. Aaron and I talk about it a lot and we think how could she have called twice in one week and not any since then? We keep praying and trusting though.
We took CPR/First Aid a couple weekends ago and that was very informative. I now feel more comfortable with those techniques and hopefully I will never need them. We started a Child Trauma Training class last week and it went pretty well. It is about how to take care of children that have endured trauma which is usually the case with foster children. We are once again the only couple that has no children (bio, adopted, or foster).
For now we'll just keep plugging along and keep praying that she will call again soon.
Have a good week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment