Remember last year I talked about an adoption conference we went to? At that time foster care wasn't even on our minds but looking back at it we got some good advice.
One of the sessions we attended was a couple who had fostered children and adopted from foster care. They had told us to have a list of questions ready for when a social worker calls regarding a placement. This way you don't forget to ask some of the questions you were wanting to ask.
I think this will come in very handy since both times they have called regarding a placement I couldn't remember half of the questions I wanted to ask.
So I laminated it and stuck it on the fridge since I figured we will get a lot of use out of it. However, I totally forgot to add one of the most important questions...which is... why is the child coming into care? Hopefully I don't forget to ask that one when they call.
No comments:
Post a Comment