Friday, March 23, 2012

Another (Almost) Call

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that our licensing worker was coming today to measure bedrooms, check water temp, etc.. Our appointment was at 1:00 and we started to get a little nervous when it was 1:20 and she hadn't showed up yet. I called down to the office to make sure I didn't have the date wrong. While I was doing that she pulled in the driveway.

She gave us many more forms to fill out and we signed a bunch of forms which made us feel like we were buying a house or purchasing a car. She said that we would be licensed for a maximum of 3 children. However, say we had 2 children and a sibling group of 2 came available, they can increase our license capacity to four. That would be a wee bit scary right from the get go, which is alright since I don't think that happens very often. She did say she has gotten our information sent over to DCFS to transfer our license. Hopefully within the next 2 or so weeks we will get the license in the mail. The forms and stuff she is having us do now are just for the agency's records, so they can go in our file.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before or not but during PRIDE training they told us that the investigator only calls DCFS after hours and on weekends. After talking with our worker today it seems like they do still call other agency families. It sounded like someone was always on call. She said last week or the week before that a coworker of hers was on call. A case came in close to midnight with a newborn baby and a little girl that were siblings. She said I thought of you guys when I heard about the situation but they had already found a place for them. Aaron and I were like oh man!! As frustrating as that is we know that it wasn't in God's plan for us to take in those children.

No comments:

Post a Comment