I had just gotten to work and turned my computer on. As I was about to sit down my phone lit up and I saw their number. Family Core's number. I thought to myself well that is weird we just saw her Thursday maybe she needs more information from us?
As I answered she said, "Hi Samantha." I'm calling for two reasons. One being I mailed off your release form so hopefully I will get your records soon. The other reason I am calling is because of a possible placement. I think my heart probably skipped a beat. Could this really be happening? A phone call already? We didn't expect to be getting calls about children until about a month or month and a half. Then she said those words...newborn...and my heart got even more excited. Then she said the words fetal alcohol syndrome and brain damage and my heart sank. She went on to explain a little more but I already knew my heart was telling me no...that this probably isn't something we're ready for right now. I talked with Aaron and he agreed. We felt like it wouldn't be a good idea to take something like that on as first-time parents. Also, just not knowing a whole lot about what her future would be like due to the extent of her needs. I do realize that she needs a good home and deserves parents we just didn't think we were the ones to fill that role for her.
It was hard to make that phone call back and say that at this time we don't think we could do it. But, I know the Lord is in control and He will provide us the right child in His time.
No comments:
Post a Comment