Monday, August 1, 2011

3 Months In

We've hit our 3 month mark as far as the waiting process of the adoption. Really this isn't long and it hasn't actually felt that long either. The bummer is that the agency still isn't working with any new birthmoms. Obviously that can change any day or it can remain this way for a long time. We're praying for the Lord's perfect timing and for the baby He has for us.

It seems like things with the agency have changed a little bit since the beginning of the year. When we went to the conference in February and spoke with Amanda she said they do about 5-10 adoptions a year. At the time they only had about 7 maybe 8 families. Now it seems like they aren't really working with many/if any birthmoms and there are 12 families waiting and more coming soon.

I try not to get upset or bummed out about this because God knows and He has a plan.

I spoke with a lady who her and her husband adopted from ABC last year. Their process was only about 6 months long as far as waiting and getting their baby girl. She brought up so many things though that I hadn't really thought about yet.

I asked her if they met the birthmom and what the hospital situation was like. She was telling me that they did meet the birthmom and that their first meeting was perfect. However, before the baby was born things started to change a little bit. I'm not for sure of specifics but I think the birthmom started to change how open she wanted the adoption to be. She wanted to see the baby more often than she initially said maybe? Her and her husband were up at the hospital but could not (for some reason I'm not sure) have any of they're family there. She said it was the roughest 72 hours so far.

Just having her tell me this brought things to my attention that I hadn't really thought of yet. So, more things to be praying for. This whole process is a lot of unknowns. At first it was sooo hard for me and I'm sure at times it is still going to be hard but by God's grace He's giving me patience.

On another note we should get our well water testing reports back this week. We'll see how those turn out. We also have our updated home study visit scheduled for August 17th. We're leaving for WI right after our caseworker leaves so can you say CRAZY? That will be a busy day. I'm hoping to just get it out of the way before we go out of town.

And lastly, we have updated adoption books!! Once we finished them I said to my sister, "What if after we adopt once we go to adopt again and again and again." She replied with, "Can't you just use the same book?" Turns out typing letters and descriptions aren't all that easy in photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment