Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sweet, Sweet Memories

Tomorrow (June 9th) will be Aaron and I's 3 year anniversary. It really does seem like just yesterday we got married. I can't help but think back and see the mental/visual images of the last three years running through my mind. I'm so thankful for the husband God gave me. He really is the other half of me and as time has gone on I can see how we've learned to work together more and more everyday with the Lord watching over us and guiding us. However, I do have to admit that I feel a little odd not packing up and moving right now. The last two years around this time we've been on our way to a different place. I have so many memories of these last three years and just can't wait to see what else God has in store for us.

Memories of our first year
1.) The first day Aaron and I went back to work after getting married and just watching him drive away and crying but not knowing why.
2.) Still being in college and coming home from work and working on homework.
3.) Aaron staying up until 12 in the morning working on homework and then getting up at 5am to go to work, then to school then back to work and then home.
4.) Taking care of each other during our first bout of the flu as a married couple.
5.) The day we found out we were moving to MN and went out for a celebratory dinner at, of course, TGI Friday's
6.) Our honeymoon.
7.) Bittersweet-ness of packing up the Uhaul and driving away from the only place we ever lived. The place we grew up in. But the excitement that awaited us! Oh boy I couldn't hardly contain myself.

Memories of our second year (Minnesota)
1.) Traffic
2.) Going out to dinner A LOT!
3.) Friday night movies with Caribou afterwards
4.) Horseback riding!
5.) Growing so much closer as a couple
6.) Learning that Aaron now passes out when he throws up (Something I never knew the whole 5 years we dated)
7.) Deciding to "try" to start a family
8.) The sadness yet happiness of finding out we were moving back home.

Memories of our third year-I can't believe it has been almost a year since we've been back. Seems to hard to believe. Feels like its only been a few months.
1.) Not feeling like such newlyweds anymore.
2.) Still "trying" but very much struggling to have a family.
3.) Dealing with the frustrations of not having a baby yet.
4.) Kya!! It seems like shes been with us the whole time. Its confusing to look back to a year and a half ago and know she wasn't with us. She brings much joy and comfort!
5.) Growing closer to God as a couple.
6.) Dancing around the kitchen together while we do dishes or make dinner


These are just some of the memories that flash through my mind as I think back to three years ago. I pray that God would continue to lead and guide us through each day. I pray that we would grow closer to Him as each day goes by. I also am just thanking God for the husband He gave me and for brining us closer together!

Happy Anniversary Aaron! I love you!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! :) God has His ways of teaching us so much and I can look back and see the lessons that He's had for us over our 2 years of marriage. Praying for you! It's hard when someone else is pregnant, but also (and maybe MORE so) when she has her baby.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, Happy Anniversary! It makes me happy to see you two so happy together :D *cue happy together music* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though it feels weird to you, I'm so glad you aren't moving away from us again! you two are such a blessing...I'm so thankful for your friendship, Sammy!

    ReplyDelete