Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Corneal Ulcers=Big Vet Bills

On Sunday Aaron and I went to a family cookout at my Aunt's house and when we got back Kya had been having problems with her one eye and had been pretty lethargic all day. We kept an eye on over night and in the morning. She would barely even open the eye and it was very goopy and runny. Aaron ended up taking her to the ER for dogs since the vet's office was closed on Memorial Day. My in-laws took her to the acutal vet's office on Tuesday because she didn't seem to be getting much better and the Dr. said she has a corneal ulcer. We've been putting some kind of antibiotic and some other stuff in her eye and she seems to be doing better tonight. She's actually started eating again and doing just a tiny bit of playing.

The poor thing looked like she was so uncomfortable and they say that those ulcers are painful. I know she's just a dog but it is still hard to see her in pain and uncomfortable. She's my little girl!

Not much else going on this week! Aaron and I are taking off for Chicago on Sunday for our anniversary! I'm so excited that we finally get to do something for our anniversary this year. The last two we have either been moving or traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment