- Aaron is now back on first shift
- This is great because he was starting to get pretty cranky on 3rds.
- Its nice to have him home ALL night and willing to go and do stuff during the week. When he was on 3rds he didn't want to do anything at night since he had to go into work later.
- I do miss our conversations we had at breakfast when he was on 3rds. He would come home around 8:00am so I would just be sitting down to eat.
- I've dropped my work schedule down to 3 days.
- Yay!!! I was ready for a break from that full time stuff. I know call me weak that after 9 months of full time I could hardly stand it anymore. But, its just how I am. I like being home and being able to get stuff down around the house. Stuff that pretty much went to the back burner. Its nice to be able to clean during the week and get groceries during the week and not have to do it in a rather rushed fashion on Saturday. Has anyone else noticed (if you've ever shopped on Saturday) that everyone goes to the store then? What a pain.
- Although I love the 3 day work week it feels weird because I've kind of been demoted. The girl that is now working full time was the part time girl. She would come in after school and I would tell her what was going on and what needed to be done. Now those roles have reversed so it is a little humbling.
- We got a new car!
- We purchased a Rav4 back a few weeks ago. It is a pretty brown color and I LOVE it. Gotta love that new car smell!!! Trying to make it last as long as possible.
- We didn't plan on getting a new car (at least not this soon) We knew once we adopted we wanted to get rid of the Cavalier but we were planning on waiting until right before we adopted. We had some paint issues with the cavi so we got tired of paying to have that fixed so one night we went to look and the next night we came home with a new car!
- It rides so much smoother than the cavi and I love being able to sit up higher. I guess the best point is that I can plug my ipod in and listen to my own tunes rather than all those commericals on the radio.
- Down side to the Rav4 is the payment book. We didn't want to ever have a car payment again (thanks Dave Ramsey). However, we are Dave Ramsey failures. Lord willing, we'll pay it off quick and have it to last us a LOOONG time.
- Adoption update-Waiting
- We're still just crusing along in our adoption wait. We started the process of paperwork back in March but we turned everything in at the end of April. So at the end of this month we will be 2 months in on our wait. This is not long at all. Of course we're anxious and when we hear the phone ring we wonder if its Amanda with news but we know this is in God's hands.
- We recently took a trip to Chicago to celebrate our annivesary and I found a store up there called Buy Buy Baby. We walked around for a few minutes and it is wall to wall baby things. Everything you could possibly think of. I told Aaron once we actually get to the point of needing to buy things we need to make a weekend trip up there.
- The waiting part can be fun (at times) wondering who our child will be. Is he/she conceived yet? What is their birthmom/birthfather like? What will our relationship be like with his/her birthparents/birth family?
- 4 years!!!
- June 9th was our four year anniversary. Wow. I can remember a few weeks before we got married someone at church said that time goes by much faster after you get married. Of course, I didn't believe that person. What did they know? They had only been married for many many years with three kids pretty much all grown up.
- Time speeds up like a million times faster than it used to. It doesn't even feel like we've been back from MN for 2 years. 2 years ago I was packing up and getting ready to say goodbye to one of the best experiences I had so far in my life. That year was so amazing and we miss it!
- When I was talking to my grandma the other day and said our four year was coming up she said, "Honey, thats not very many, try 58." Thanks grandma. But it feels like an accomplishment.
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Update
It's been a while since I've been on here and posting. Sometimes I don't really feel like I have much of anything to say or what I do have people wouldn't find interesting....so I don't say it. Anyways, I was in the mood to write tonight so I'll just give an update of what's been going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment