Don't you just love those sweet little moments you have with your kids...moments you want to bottle up and open when the kids aren't so sweet and angelic looking?
Just a couple from the boys recently.
Putting Bruiser to bed and getting ready to say our prayers...
Bruiser: "Let's talk about God."
Aaron: "Who did God send to die for us?"
Bruiser: "Jesus."
Aaron: "What did he die for?"
Bruiser: "Our sins...on the cross"
Aaron: "How do we please God?"
Bruiser: "Uhhh...Let's talk about God." (Needless to say he didn't have an answer for that one)
Crazy kid..I think he was mainly trying to get out of going to bed but it seems like he is listening a little bit.
So we're planning on getting Cruiser registered for soccer for this spring. We went up to the local sports store to get some shin guards and cleats. When I opened up the box he said. "WHOA!!!" He thought it was so cool. He was running all over the store and sliding on the floor. He loved putting the shin guards on! Thankfully I used to work there so it was ok they were being crazy.
When we left the store and we were heading to Walmart Cruiser started asking me about soccer.
Cruiser: "When I have a game are you going to cheer for me?"
Sammy: "Of course we will."
Cruiser: "Who is going to be there?"
Sammy: "Well me, Daddy, Bruiser...
Cruiser: "Jim and Barb and Mark and Barb?"
Sammy: "Yea I'm sure they will be there too to watch you."
Cruiser: "Can you cheer huper (can't say his s's) duper loud!!"
Everynight before we head to bed I go check on the boys make sure they are ok.
One night I walked in Cruiser's room and he kind of stirred around and woke up and looked up at me. I said, "Its ok, go back to sleep I'm just checking on you." He said, "Checking on me?" (with a confused look on his face) I said, "Yes every night before Dad and I head to bed I come in and check on you and your brother." He just smiled and rolled back over.
Love them!
No comments:
Post a Comment