Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Toothpaste

I managed to get a good deal on some toothpaste today. Our local Kroger has a sale going on where if you buy 4 you get $4.00 off your order. Its not only on toothpaste, you can mix and match certain products to get the deal. Anyways, I've been buying some coupons on ebay lately to see how well it works. The other day I bought 10 coupons for toothpaste for $1.25 (no charge on shipping).
Today I went to the store and bought 8 tubes of toothpaste. Now, these are not the little dinky tubes, they are what I consider the "normal average" size tubes (6.2oz). They are normally somewhere between $2.69 and $2.99. Today they were on sale for $2.69 and if you bought 4 that would bring it down to $1.69 per tube. I had a coupon for $.50 which doubled to $1.00 so I got the tubes at $.69 a piece!!!! I had to split them up in 2 transactions since that is how our Kroger coupon policy is but I payed $3.14 for 4 tubes. So a total of $6.28 for 8 tubes of toothpaste plus the cost of the coupons my total spent was $7.53. Now if the tubes were not on sale and they were $2.69 a piece if I bought 8 tubes that total would have been $21.52 before tax. So I think I scored a good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment