Hey all! We've moved back to our hometown.....finally. After 3 years we're back!! Ok that makes it sound like we've been REALLY far away but only one out of those three years we were in MN. The other 2 we we were close to our hometown (about 15 mins away).
We knew that at some point we wanted to get back here but we didn't realize it wouldn't happen so fast. I was actually on my way into town to help my sister with something and saw a sign that said "House For Rent 3 Bedroom." I drove past the sign and then thought to myself that maybe I should check it out. After turning around and following the arrows I knew exactly the place it was. It is actually the old house of a good friend of mine's aunt and uncle. That might be confusing but one of the bridesmaids in our wedding, it is her aunt nad uncle's old place. We came over and looked at the place on June 18th and were all moved in by July 8th!!
Anyways, we love it here!! There is so much more room than we had at our old place. It is actually a house and not an apartment or duplex. We are finally not connected by walls to other people! Its a good feeling. The moving was exhausting though. My Dad had just had a knee replacement on June 14th so he was unable to help move stuff. With Aaron's dad working and a lot of other family working Aaron and I did a whole bunch of moving on our own. Thankfully the landlords let us start moving stuff in a week before our actual move date. This helped out tremendously. We were able to get almost all the boxes and smaller stuff in before our big moving day. Aaron's mom helped us out so it was the three of us with a UHaul full of heavy things.
At the end of the day we were both exhausted and hot and grouchy after taking trips back and forth for a week. We went out to grab a quick bite for dinner with my family and I was practically falling asleep at the table. I have to say I slept pretty good those next few days.
With all this extra room we're hoping to fill it with a child or two! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment