Thursday, January 21, 2010

Up North-Part Two

Trying to figure out how to start part two?? I guess I'll just jump right in. At the end of September I saw an ad in the paper for a job as a receptionist at an Allergy Clinic. I called that morning to get some information about it and the lady I spoke with said to just come in around 2:00 for an interview. I went to the interview and ended up walking out with a job. It is not what I expected at all. I got to meet the doctor that day and also sit with the other gal up front I would be working with. It ended up being one of the best jobs I've ever had. Probably my favorite job actually. The people and the patients were great. The rest of the year went by pretty quickly and before we knew it our time in Minnesota was half over. At Christmas time my in-laws came up to celebrate and we spent it at my brother and sister-in-law's house hanging out and playing a few games. Well life continued to go on and our time "up north" was slipping away. A few of my favorite things while up there were late night movies at the theater with Aaron and then stopping for a hot chocolate afterwards at Caribou, Caribou alone is a favorite, standing out on the balcony watching the traffic go by soaking up every moment we had up there (I know call me old because I love to watch the traffic but its true) and seeing my niece and nephew change and grow over that whole year. I would have to say the last one is probably my favorite. Before moving to MN we lived in IL and they live up in WI so we really didn't see them all that much. Few times a year maybe. When we moved up there we were only an hour away so we got to spend more time with them. I truly enjoyed that and loved having that time to spend with them. The neatest thing was watching my nephew (Eli) go from a little baby just playing on the floor, to crawling, to walking and to running. It was just really neat to see him go from a baby to a little boy to this little man!! Their little cute faces and adorable smiles just melt my heart!! That is probably the thing I miss most about being back in IL. We miss not being able to see those two and also the family we have up there. We got lots of chances to hang out and I have so many amazing memories from that. Going out to dinner, camping, canoening, backpack camping(I was new to this,it was fun but hard work), spending a weekend at a cabin on a lake and most of all hanging out are just some of the things. Quite a few times the guys took off to go fishing (however they never caught anything?) and my sister in law and I hung out. This was also something I enjoyed a lot. We had obviously been around each other before because we married brothers but until we moved up to MN I never REALLY knew her. So, that year was perfect for that! I can picture myself right now sitting on the chair at the bar/island just talking while she made dinner or did dishes or cleaned up the kitchen. That was how we usually ended up talking. Over time we became friends and now she is more like a sister to me! Thats another thing I miss dearly about being back in IL...not being able to sit at that chair and talk to her. Talking on the phone isn't the same! So, if your reading this Brandi thanks for being there!

Finally spring rolled around...winter in MN seems to last FOREVER. We found out we were moving back to IL and spent the last few months trying to take in every moment of every day we had left. On June 28, 2009 we left "up north" and headed back to the corn fields of central Illinois. We hadn't even gotten to the end of the street by my brother-in-law's house and I was crying. Sometimes I feel like we weren't even there. It was just a dream. The time went by so fast. I'll admit that I've asked Aaron before, "Were we really there? It went by so fast that I feel like I was just dreaming." He reassures me we were in fact up there and tells me to go look at all the pictures I have!! And just like that, no sooner than when we moved up there we were turning back around and heading "home."

Next comes the nightmare of infertility.

No comments:

Post a Comment