Thursday, January 14, 2010
"I Do"-The first year
Year one of marriage was filled with new jobs, new semesters of school, new humble abode, and many compromises. I remember talking to Barb (mother-in-law) before we got married and saying, "I can't imagine married life being that much different than dating." She just looked at me, nodded, and smiled. While quietly thinking to herself this girl has got a lot to learn. Don't get me wrong marriage is great but when you add two different people plus two different personalities it equals two different ways of doing things. Once you get into a groove of being married and figuring out what makes the other person tick before you know it you have grown a lot closer. A week before we had gotten married I just started a new job answering phones at Gastroenterology, LTD. The job started out incredibly rocky and I remember going home crying every night for about 3 months saying how much I did not like it. As time went on and I got to know the people I was working with it started to get better. Not great by any means but bearable. Aaron just started an internship at Caterpillar. Also on our plate was school. Aaron was in his senior year of Engineering which meant staying up until midnight doing homework to get up at 5:00am to go to work and then to school and then back to work and then home. To not only start the process over again the next day. I was attending Illinois Central College a community college but wasn't quite sure of what I was wanting to do. I started out with nursing then decided I wasn't ready for that at that time. So I switched to ASL which later decided I really would rather do something medical. Which then ended up studying to be a Medical Office Assistant. Well then we didn't know whether we were going to be moving or not or trying to start a family so I just ended up going to ICC and getting an Associates in General Education. Basically just saying I went to college for three years and took all Gen Ed classes. Seems like kind of a waste. During this first year of marriage Aaron had interviewed for a position in the MPDP(Manufacturing Professional Development Program) program at Caterpillar. He went through three one hour interviews and then one phone interview (behavioral profiling analysis) He said it was pretty intense. They asked questions like "How do you think?" Do you like to make people happy? How do you like to make people happy? It was about 45 mintues of questions like that. He came home that night and said, "Well I won't be getting that job." Little did we knew God had a plan. Aaron got that job (which didn't start until June 2008). It is 3 one year rotations that he has to go through. Which they also move you around to different facilities. Once we found out he got the job we didn't know whether we would be staying or moving. We spent almost everyday talking about it and wondering what would happen. Spring of 2008came and we found out we were moving to Minnesoooota. (haha) Well the end of the school year FINALLY came around, we both graduated but skipped the ceremonies to finally take our honeymoon to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. The trip started out a little rough but we ended up having a fantastic time and will forever have those memories and never forget Pedro the bellhop! So our first year anniversary came and we ended up spending it moving! Little did we know the next year would be a year filled with incredible memories and new friendships!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment