Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What I Miss Most

My weekends. I miss my weekends. Before the kids Aaron and I did whatever we felt like on Saturdays and Sundays. We could get up when we wanted and decide to eat breakfast when we wanted and what errands to run and especially going out to dinner. Like I've said before, I love these kids they just make our weekends a little different than before. Since they get up around 6:30 on school days, they are usually up before 8 on the weekends. On weekends I'm used to getting up as late as 8 and sometimes later than that. Also, it just makes it difficult to run errands with them sometimes. They aren't always cooperative and obedient especially if they are hungry. Sometimes Aaron and I would eat a late lunch or late dinner and with the kids its usually not possible. There have been a few times where we have been out running errands and had to just leave and come home and forget about finishing them because they just wouldn't listen. I'm sure this is just something you have to get used to once you have kids, I'm just still trying to adjust to that.

In other news the kids started Early Childhood this week. They will still go to preschool in the morning and then they go Early Childhood in the afternoon. They just started this week so we'll see how they like it. It is going to be long days for them and I'm thinking they will be exhausted by bedtime but I think it will be good for them to have some more learning time!

After Christmas was over we took the basement and made it into a playroom so I'll have to post pictures of that here soon! It looks nice and they have tons of toys down there to play with.

The kids have been with us for several months now and they are doing so well. They have been really improving in school and with playing with other kids. Hopefully this Early Childhood will also help them excel!

No comments:

Post a Comment