Saturday, January 26, 2013

Embarrassed By Your Mom

Hindsight is always better right? Sometimes you do things and then you think about them later and your like oh man..I shouldn't have done that. Do you remember those moments when you were a kid and you were embarrassed by your Mom, by something she said or did?

Well I had one of those moments the other day, only this time Cruiser was most likely embarrassed by me. It was a typical morning and I was dropping the boys off for school. I always drop them off down in the cafeteria and they play for a while before eating breakfast. Normally I just give hugs, kisses, high fives and knuckles and then I'm out the door. On this particular day I told Cruiser I would stay for a few minutes to watch him play with his friends. I told him he should go ask his friends if he could play with them. He's kind of hesitant about opening up to people so I thought I was helping by being encouraging. He seemed a little sheepish about me hanging around but he walked away with a weird grin on his face. He went over to his friends and they were playing catch. He just kind of stood there and then he looked over at me and I was waving at him and kind of shooing him along to ask them. I was even mouthing the words...ask them if you can play with them. He ran over to me with that same grin on his face and I told him again to just go over and ask them if he could play too. I gave him another kiss and a hug and then kind of shooed him along to play. The whole time he walked back over to his friends he was looking back at me with that weird smile. He was probably thinking..geez Mom just leave your embarrassing me. I stood there for just another minute or so and then I left.

It didn't come to mind until a few days after that he was probably embarrassed. I shared it with Aaron and he started busting up laughing...it was then that I knew I was a dorky Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment