I've mentioned before how I've been doing some couponing here and there. Lately I've been checking the sale flyer and if there is something on sale we use, I try to find coupons on ebay. My latest purchase was Dial soap. They were on sale for $1. Since we will always need bathroom hand soap I headed over to ebay and located some coupons. When I had heard about people actually buying coupons I thought that can't be worth it in the end. I stand corrected.
I found 20 coupons for $3. It seemed a little high but there were 20 of them and it paid off. The coupons were for .35. The store I go to will double those to .70 so I ended up getting the soap for .35 each (tax included) Overall I spent $7. If you include the cost of the coupons it was $10 overall. But, I wasn't including the cost of the coupons since the money to buy the coupons was from an item Aaron bought at a garage sale and then re-sold it for more on ebay.
Normally the soap cost $1.59 so for 20 bottles it would have been $31.80(tax not included). Of course I wouldn't go out and buy 20 at a time but eventually I would have bought that many over a period of time.
I called Kroger before we left because I wanted to make sure they still doubled coupons. I saw at a Kroger in Texas they didn't anymore. The kind (I mean rude) lady on the phone said that yes they do double but they will only double 2 like coupons in one transaction. Are you serious? That means I have to do ten transactions to make it work!
I ended up doing 5 transactions one day and 5 the next. I didn't want to make the people behind me too mad! Crazy coupon policies!
I'm excited and it felt like such an accomplishment! We won't need hand soap for quite some time! I usually don't find a lot of things I can stock up on but when I can I try to.
FOSTER CARE UPDATE: Nothing to report unfortunately. Our licensing worker was on vacation this week so I plan on calling her towards the middle/end of this week to touch base. The agency is offering a discipline class sometime soon so we would like to get signed up for that. I'm also considering talking to them about volunteering. I haven't completely decided yet if I want to add that to my schedule or not. If I do I would probably only do it until we received a placement. Who knows..maybe they don't even need any help. I've posted before about The Forgotten Initiative and how they serve local foster care agencies by doing different projects and supporting the agency workers in their difficult jobs. Of course you can volunteer through them but I kind of wanted to stick with the agency we are licenced with. I thought it would be great to help the agency in any way I could and it would also help us to stay involved. Helping the agency can help the workers better support and care for the children! So, I'm still trying to decide but no other news in regards to a placement.
Stay tuned for a post on deodorant and how I ended up paying .08 each (tax only)!! Have a good week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment