Thursday, September 29, 2011

Facebook Free

I've been Facebook free for a week now. I decided to deactivate my account for various reasons. Something I've been wanting to do for a little while. I think Facebook is good for a lot of reasons but also bad for a lot of reasons. I wasn't one who logged on and would be on for hours on end but I did log on multiple times a day to check in and see if anything new was going on. And I admit as a whole I did spend too much time on it. I liked to read the news feed and see people's statuses and see what they were up to. The downside to this was the constant pregnancy announcements, ultrasound pictures, play by play pregnancy updates and week by week pregnancy pictures. I tried just "hiding" that person so the only way I would see updates was to go to their page myself. But, I had to keep hiding one person after another after another.

It got to be hard logging in everytime and getting hit with one of those things. So, I figured the best thing to do was to get off of it for a while. I'm not sure how long I'll stay off of it. Not forever but for now it seemed like I needed it.

Suprisingly it hasn't been too hard yet either. My brother in law was down over the weekend and the beginning of the week so we were busy doing other things.

We'll see how long I decide to stay off. A little break sounds like a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment