Well we have hit yet another glitch in our infertility journey. I feel like I'm on this never ending roller coaster. Its up and then down and we just keep going around and around. I'm not for sure what I posted last about our appointment with the fertility specialist so I'll kind of recap and sorry for repeating. We met with the specialist and decided we were going to do the laproscopic procedure at the beginning of 2011. The procedure was to see if there was something going on (endometriosis, blocked tube) that is causing problems. Its kind of a long story to explain on a blog as to why we were waiting until 2011 but I'll try to give you the main info. We assumed that after the procedure we would have more expenses relating to the infertility. Treatment for what could be wrong, possibly trying intrauterine insemination. We decided to wait so that at the beginning of the year we would hit our out of pocket maximum right away and then the rest of the stuff would be pretty much covered.
Our glitch is this: we received a letter in the mail yesterday that as of the beginning of 2011 we have NO infertility coverage at all. WHAT??? Are you kidding me?? After I went through all that hassle of getting pre-certified for treatment and the hassle of getting my records from 3 different doctors and finally getting an appointment...now we aren't going to have any coverage??
I don't know what we will do now. We have a couple of options:
1. Get pregnant before Jan. 2011 (YEA RIGHT)
2. Find out if PPO will cover infertility and if so switch to that next year. The downfall with this is it costs more per month and also has a higher out of pocket. (We're trying to save money...not spend it all)
3. If PPO doesn't cover infertility then have the procedure now (within the next few months) and decide what to do after that. The downfall with this is just spending more money too because we'll meet our out of pocket at the end of this year and then turn around and have to do it all over again right away next year.
4. Forget about the whole thing and be done with it.
5. Truly truly trust in the Lord's will and His plan. Be content with where the Lord has put us and that He can see the big picture and He knows all these things we're feeling and how much this hurts. His ways/reasons are perfect and we have to accept that.
I know that number 5 is our option but this is just soooo hard emotionally and I'm really struggling with this.
Number 5 isn't an option, whatever the Lord has, and whatever of the first four choices is His will you must always trust! Always know that His ways our perfect, always know that He is sovereign, and always know that HE IS GOOD! <3 love you and am continuing to pray for both you and Aaron in this trial.
ReplyDeleteJames 1:2-4 "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."
Psalm 62:8 "Trust in Him at all times, O people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us."
Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."
and one last one :-)
Proverbs 16:20 "He who gives attention to the word will find good, And blessed is he who trusts in the LORD."
May God bless you as you trust Him, and He will!! He has promised this! <3 <3