Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Update on Infertility

Surprise Surprise...we're STILL not pregnant. All I have to say about that is a great big UGH....

Nothing new to report though. I haven't been going to the doctor or anything. We're still trying I guess you would say but its not a forced matter anymore it just happens when it happens. I would definitely say this has relieved a lot of the stress and tension on both of us. We're both happy to just be more relaxed about it.

It does still bother me but there isn't much I can do about it. I feel like I would give almost anything to be a mom and raise children. Above all I know its in God's hands and in His timing. This is probably the biggest trial I feel like I have faced before but as we go through it I am working more on trusting God and knowing that He has a plan for us. Maybe it involves children and maybe it doesn't. I'm praying that the Lord would use this in my life to help me trust Him more and have faith for what He has laid ahead of us.

Pulled this next part from a poem I posted earlier...

All you seek, I could give; and pleased you would be.
You would have what you want -
But you wouldn't know Me.
You'd not know the depth of my love for each saint;
You'd not know the power I give to the faint;

The glow of my comfort late into the night,
The faith that I give when you walk without sight,
The depth that's beyond getting just what you asked
Of an infinite God, who makes what you have last.

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt Sam that the Lord will use this in your life! The only real mystery is how :-)

    Love you!!

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading "Calm My Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow. I like to say that I'm generally a contented person.... but there have been a lot of great reminders for me recently!! It you haven't read it, you should borrow Sarah's copy. :)
    This poem is in the book:

    It was spring, but summer I wanted; the warm days and the great outdoors.
    It was summer but it was fall I wanted; the colorful leaved and the cool dry air.
    It was fall but it was winter I wanted; the beautiful snow and the joy of the holiday season.
    It was now winter but it was spring I wanted; the warmth and the blossoming of nature.
    I was a child but it was adulthood I wanted; the freedom and the respect.
    I was twenty but it was thirty I wanted; to be mature and sophisticated.
    I was middle-age but it was twenty I wanted; the youth and the free spirit.
    I was retired but it was middle-age that I wanted; the presence of mind without the limitations.
    My life was over but I never got what I wanted.

    Don't know why God allows some people to have summer when some of us are still in winter, but He has His reasons.... someday we can ask Him, right? :P

    ReplyDelete