Sunday, April 4, 2010

$6.68


Recently I've been trying to save a little more at the store with actually checking the ads and cutting coupons. A friend of mine gave me a couple coupons for 1.50 off bacon and then I already had coupons for the veggies and they were on sale. Also, the butter was on sale for $1.50 and the cream cheese was only .50 cents. Kroger had the eggs on sale for $1.00 also. So after the coupons and the sale items it was only $6.68. This seems pretty good to me. Maybe not to other people but usually I would've paid somewhere between $12-$15! We'll see if we can keep it up with watching the sales and the coupons!

3 comments:

  1. 50% is an excellent starting point! :-D
    Did you get the steamfresh veggies at Kroger? I have online coups for those that will make them 50 cents each with this week's sale...I usually spend around 25 cents on green giant veggie sales, but I'm running out of variety, so I plan to try out the steamfresh. :-D
    And how did you get cream cheese for 50 cents? I'll be able to bring it down to that with coups/catalina/sale combined for the Philadelphia brand at Kroger this week...you got a great price! I usually try to aim for around 75 cents each for it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! The veggies were from Kroger yea! I think my coupon was only .50 if you bought two. The cream cheese was on sale at Wal-mart for .50c. Its the great valley brand. We really have to try and get together soon for couponing 101!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, then you got a good deal on veggies cuz your .50 coupon would have doubled at Kroger - making it .50 off each bag! :-) Yes, we should - you're doing good, though!

    ReplyDelete