Hey all! Happy Friday. It is most definitely hot out there today. I went to grab some lunch from Mcdonald's and the temperature on the sign said 104*. YIKES! I think tomorrow is our last day of this nasty heat wave. My niece and nephews are in town staying with their grandparents so we beat the heat today with some swimming. (pictures later)
In other news I spoke with our licensing worker today and we got some good news. Not any news on a placement yet. But, she told me that "little one's" (exclude her name for privacy) caseworker was so impressed with all the things we did with her that she is very excited to place some kids with us soon. M (our worker) said this other caseworker couldn't believe we were a newly licensed family.
We still haven't received our "official" license in the mail yet but hopefully in the next 2 weeks. She said DCFS is running verrrry slow right now. But, once the license is all taken care of we will be put on some list (not sure what it is called..couldn't understand her) to where we should receive more calls.
M said we should be prepared to hear from her very soon. Also, that we should enjoy it just being the two of us as much as we can because it could end soon. As much as this excites me it also gets my hopes up. And, I'm not a fan of getting my hopes up. I've had it happen too many times in the last 3.5 years to only end up upset in the end. I know this is in God's hands so I take comfort in that.
Anyways, we're looking forward to seeing what is coming next!
As M called me we were getting ready to take my niece and nephews to the pool. In all the excitement from the phone call, I hopped in the pool with my phone in my pocket. Aaron wasn't happy with me as a new one cost $230. OUCH!
Sorry if this post seems really scattered. I feel that is how my brain is today.
Have a good weekend!
Im so excited for you guys Sammy!!!!! YAY!!!^-^
ReplyDeleteoh, how I am smiling reading your post and imagining you jumping in the pool with your phone. I think you have a good excuse! smile. side note: enjoy the times of excitement! Praise the Lord for the mountain tops! He is Lord of the mountain tops AND the valleys. Don't fear the valleys. Even though they involve pain they are a place like no other when we know the Shepherd walking with us and carrying us. Nothing like this tender care, pretty soon the "thud" of hitting the bottom of the valley seems small.
ReplyDeleteWhat a Saviour we have!! big hug and much love,
Renee
ps. "M" could have called me herself and I could have saved her the trouble of finding out for herself how great you guys are. :)