I think I spend too much time trying to "plan" things out when I really have no control over them. The major thing that comes to mind is kids, things didn't really turn out "as planned" so to say. I know God has a reason for this and I'm starting to feel better about it, day after day. I can't plan my life around this and keep waiting and waiting. If its not in the Lord's will for us then it won't happen. On the flip side of this we do have to be active with the decision we made to try to adopt. We can't just sit around and wait for a baby to be dropped on our doorstep. Anyways, that was kind of a little sidetrack so let me get back to the planning.
I catch myself frequently planning things in my head as to how they will or should turn out. For example I made a phone call today to the agency we are planning on using to adopt. Once again I had this all planned out in my head. As soon as I clocked out for my lunch break I sped to my parent's house to make the call. Before I called I wanted to be all ready to write down her answers so I made sure I had a pencil (with plenty of lead), pen, calculator, notepad, most recent email from her, and my notes with all our questions. I spent some time praying before I made this phone call that God would lead me and guide me through this endless list of questions while I would continue to check the clock every couple of minutes to make sure I had enough time. I dialed the number, the receptionist answered and I asked for the lady that had emailed me. The receptionist told me they didn't expect her to be in until a little after 12:00. Well it was 11:45 and I had to be back to work around 12:15. I left her a voicemail but still waited around for her call. I went back to work but still checked my phone often to see if I had a voicemail from her.
When I got off work and still had no voicemail I figured that maybe I would talk to her tomorrow or next week. Wrong. After Aaron and I got home I hopped in the shower and he ended up laying on the floor in the hallway (weird I know but he likes to talk to me while I'm in the shower and we catch up on each other's day). Well as I'm getting out of the shower (8:00p.m.) the phone rings, Aaron is pretty much half asleep by now and I'm telling him to grab the phone. He comes down the hallway telling me that its her. So here I am wrapped up in a towel looking for my notes, pencil, pen, calculator, notepad etc. Once I finally found them half out of breath still wrapped in a towel and now my wet hair is dripping all over my notes we started talking.
So much for planning huh?
Super cute post. I can totally relate to being super organized and ready (which is a good thing) and then getting completely caught off guard when the actual right time comes. :)
ReplyDelete