Monday, December 20, 2010

Flu and Other Things

Whew! Its been a long time since I've posted. We've been busy with work and getting ready for Christmas and also having the flu.

Aaron's grandpa passed away from esophageal cancer on 12-1-10. He wasn't diagnosed until somewhere around mid October of this year. He had a bad cold I think before this and was having a hard time getting rid of it. I think he ended up going to see a doctor and that is how they discovered the cancer. It was on his esophagus and had spread to other areas. I was surprised at how fast this cancer took a hold of his body. I had just saw him on Friday (day after Thanksgiving) and he seemed weak but still doing alright. By Wednesday he had passed away. We miss him and miss seeing him sitting in his chair when we go over to visit Grandma.

Aaron's brothers ended up coming down again to spend some time with his Grandma. We shared a meal together at Aaron's parent's house and then took her out for Red Lobster the next day. After we got back from eating we started playing some games and that is when I started to not feel so well. My stomach felt very crampy and I just assumed it was from all the food we had eaten the past couple of days. As time went on it hurt worse and I eventually asked Aaron if we could head home. By the time we pulled in the drive I ran to the bathroom and tossed my cookies. I continued to toss my cookies all night and through the afternoon the next day. I don't remember the last time I had the flu that bad. I felt really weak and achy and frozen. I couldn't get warm no matter how hard I tried. The positives out of this were that I managed to get sick and be well for the holidays and I lost 6 pounds. This way I was gearing up for the all the eating around Christmas.

We had Christmas on my Mom's side yesterday so that was fun. We ate a nice meal, opened presents, played some games and fed my uncle's horses. My mom didn't end up getting to go since she now is sick. I think my Dad gave her his sickness. We're all just passing along all the germs.

Well not much else is going on! Aaron is looking forward to the end of this week since he will be off until the first of the year. He told me the other day that once he goes back after Christmas he will only have 5 months left of this rotation. He is looking forward to getting off of 3rd shift. I'm surprised at how fast those 7 months have gone by.

In other news Aaron's cousin's wife is pregnant and we are throwing her a baby shower sometime within the next month or so. I LOVE planning things like this and I found a great website with some really great ideas! I'll add the link on here in case you want to check it out. You might have to copy and paste though. For some reason it won't let me paste on here?? Does anyone else have that problem? Anyways, check it out, its really neat!

http://www.simplybabystuff.com/

That is it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment